Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring is Here, Woman Sees B.D. Wong Everywhere

Unless you live in Arizona it's a dry cold you are probably experiencing the same fantastic weather we're having up here. The timing of our move was perfect, I guess. I mean I only have light jackets and sweaters, no long johns or anything.

I've slowly been cleaning my house and trying to complete projects that have been bothering me. One of the big ones was an area rug in our little dining nook. My mom found a stack of jute coffee sacks at a yard sale for a few dollars a piece and bought them all. She's pretty clever, and she suggested I make/sew them into some sort of area rug. Or did I come up with that idea? We'll never know. 


I found instagram, you guys.
I took the coffee sacks apart with my bare hands and kept every scrap*, like the true hoarder that I am. No but seriously, I just used the jute twine to bind it together. When my cat Joe isn't perched in a window, chirpin' at the entitled squirrels, he's rootin' around underneath the jute.

In other news, I'm seeing B.D. Wongs everywhere. Does he live in Boston? Someone Google that for me.

I bet he has a fantastic area rug in his home. Made of saxophones.



"I'm in your sweater boxes, just staring"
I'm jinxing the weather by putting away all my sweaters and wool socks. I dragged out our summer clothes and found that I vastly overestimated the amount of summer clothing we own. Or rather, I vastly overestimated the amount of fun, appropriate* clothing we have. 


But how many clothes does one actually need in the summer? Just a few summah shirts, I'm sure. 


We'll see.



*I'm actually keeping them for another project. Squee!

8 comments:

  1. Layout upgrade! I like.

    Awesome idea for the jute rug. Pinned it!!

    Also, lol @ BD Wong. I always think I see celebrities (99% of the time, I don't).

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks! I just saw the pin today! Also, I did some serious html blog reading. There are so many things one can do to get it poppin'. I know how to do none of them.

      Delete
  2. Once I was in NYC and I was convinced that Maya Rudolph almost ran me over in her car. Hey, I was only 18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Ben Affleck rides his bike around Cambridge. If he's anything like us when rode our bikes around Cambridge (so flashy!), then he'll run me over someday. Also, I imagine Maya Rudolph to be the sort of driver who might not pay attention.

      Maybe I'm projecting.

      Delete
  3. Good read. I realized this morning that I must purchase more short-sleeved shirts if I hope to survive this summah. Uniqlo has good values on such apparel. I was on the subway this morning in my "sunday best/Omega Snowball 2007" outfit and managed to get good and sweaty before my interview. Showing up sweaty demonstrates confidence.

    -Chad
    http://geocities.yahoo.com/USER/young_gunz_63/blogs-4_xrf=href/shtml

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For your information, Geocities closed, so joke's on you.

      (Not really. I think the joke's still on me.)

      -Hope

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha dag! Geocities IS closed. How did I miss that?

      Also, I can't even get my comments to work on my own blog.

      I'm thinking I'm going to need some Uniqlo apparel for sure. My AA tees are in the process of giving up the ghost and my only shorts are going to be the ones I make from my only pants.

      Delete