Monday, January 9, 2012

Baking Bread


Geord did it, so I think it's delightful!

I was lucky enough to meet an individual who enjoys cooking and baking for the sake of cooking and baking. I hate it. Unless it's macaroni and cheese*.

We literally don't have room for a bread machine or stand mixer (though the new pantry area might change that). Instead, we have a dough whisk that was given to us by my mother-in-law. It really is amazing.

The thing about baking bread is that it requires a lot of kneading. He did a fantastic job, and we munched all night. We had already eaten what I consider to be a pretty expensive meal, considering that we had straight up top sirloin**, but it was all good. His one request is that we add 10 dollars to our grocery budget a week. That would put us up to the earth shattering 35$.

I'm adjusting.

*Homemade, but with off-brand Velveeta. So good.
**It was a bogo offer from Stop and Shop so I ended up getting it for 3$ a lb, going over my usual 2.59 limit for red meats. Cuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment